Yes, yes, we know, with your busy schedule—meetings left to right, get-together side by side, exercising is really a pain in the ass (literally, hi squats, and figuratively). Managing your time is really hard especially when you’re a young professional trying to make a mark, always on call, always beating the deadline. In today’s fast-paced, every-second-counts lifestyle, instead of hitting the gym to burn those fats or keep the bod healthy, you hit the sack. Well, we can’t blame you though. With that super soft pillows and comfy sheets waiting for you each and every day and night, who are we to resist?
But then, keeping the blood pumping and the body moving through stretching and yes, sweating is a necessity we shouldn’t take for granted. Exercising is not just for those who want to lose weight, or for those who want to lose that fat, for it is also for having that healthy lifestyle. Aside from combating health conditions and diseases, regular physical activity also improves your mood and boosts your energy. Sad? Tired? Yep, happy hormones called endorphins are released during exercising! No need to prolong your sadness for activities as simple as walking and running will, in no time, lighten up your mood! Convinced but don’t have time? Do not fret! You don’t have to pay for expensive gym membership just to keep you going! Here are 5 ways on how to stay in tip top shape!
- Walk the Talk, Run the Talk – Indeed, the best things in life are free, and yes, all you need is your trusty rubber shoes, a bottle of water, your earphones and MP3 player, and you’re good to go! You don’t have any excuse for this one, even for 30 minutes, in the morning or at night, go ahead run! Do this around your village, the nearest park, or wherever you feel. No, you don’t have to join a marathon of sorts just to feel like you’ve achieved something. Start from 3K, 5K, 10K, then push for more! Believe it or not, 30 minutes of running makes a huge difference, not just on your body but on your mood as well. So instead of browsing the News Feed for 30 minutes, why not head out? And oh, you can even walk to work, to the grocery, to your friend’s house, too!
- Yo-YouTube – No, you don’t need any trainers nor even a workout buddy just to keep you going. With the advent of Internet, where we can absolutely find anything and everything in just a click, yes, easy breezy exercises are all there waiting for you to devour. Just go search what you want, and for sure, there’s something to fit you! Feel as if you’re a VIP as you go training with your personal virtual trainer! The best part? You can do this at the comfort of your own home!
- 30-Day Challenges – Admit it, you’ve seen this somewhere, all over the World Wide Web, 30-Day Challenges are rampant. There’s the Squat Challenge, Abs Challenge, and more. For 30 days, you’ll be guided on what to do, so there’s no excuse for you to forget what you’re supposed to do for this day. Plus, it starts really slow, so your body will adjust. And oh, day by day you’ll definitely feel the difference, too!
- Hello, Console – Xbox Kinect offers games that will get that body moving and shaking. From sports, yoga, to dances and more, yep, you’ll definitely get your groove on as you stretch and stretch! You won’t even think that you’re exercising at all, for you’ll feel like you’re just playing that video game! Now, who says exercising can’t be fun?
- Explore the Great Outdoors – Better yet, why not combine adventure and exercising? Go trekking, swimming, and more! Plan that trip to the mountains or to the beach, but don’t just lounge, move! Get your adventure shoes on and climb that mountain, swim on that waters, do extreme sports. Yep, again, you’ll never feel like you’re actually exercising when you’re having oh so much fun while on it!
Now what are you waiting for? Get out of that couch! You have no excuses now! Move 🙂